Monday, April 25, 2011

Time to Color Eggs



Dinosaur themed
egg coloring kit

 It's really hard to find a plain box of Easter egg dyes. I remember the small PAAS boxes that contained little tablets, a metal dipper and maybe a few decals. There were no dinosaur-themed kits, no baseball-themed kits, no guitar hero themes, or Justin Bieber theme eggs. The THEME WAS EASTER - Easter bunnies, chicks and flowers.  No luck finding a simple box; I had to go with the dyno-mite eggosaurus edition.
Six sheets of cardboard cut-outs, another sheet of dinosaur stickers and a PLASTIC egg dipper accompanied the five small dye tablets.  The dogs played with the stickers, I got going with the eggs.

Gracie wearing a
dinosaur sticker

Maddie wanted one too.











I always forget how long to cook eggs to make them hard boiled. I'm going to write it down here so I'll always have it handy.

Hard Boiled Eggs

Place room temperature eggs in a large saucepan. 
Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. 
Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat. 
When the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. 
Let sit 12 minutes.
Transfer eggs to a colander. 
Place under cool running water to stop the cooking. 

Eggcellent!

Maddie
Easter 2011
Maddie
Easter 2010
 Maddie Jo was on her best behavior and didn't make a move towards the eggs. Some of you might remember the tale (or tail) of the missing Easter eggs from last year.  I colored 8 eggs and left them on the counter to dry while I went to water the garden. When I returned there was only 1 egg left and colored specks of shell clung to Maddie's muzzle.


No comments:

Post a Comment