Sunday, April 3, 2011

No Foolin

Snow in April? Really?
Pete and I were up late last night working at my first event for the Minocqua Area Chamber of Commerce. The Only Fools Run at Midnight 5K fun run went well despite a really icy course. About 1100 runners and walkers took off at midnight wearing costumes, glowing necklaces and big smiles. I don't have pictures yet, but I will.  You can see last year's photos on our  website.

Speaking of foolish runners. . .

When we woke up this morning there was about two inches of snow on the ground and it was still coming down. Wet, heavy snow came down in huge flakes.
Gracie kept getting
snowflakes in her face.

It was hard to see
where we were going.
We went for a walk, but I kept getting snow in my eyes and flakes on the camera lens. Asher didn't seem to mind, in fact, he was crazier than ever.
Asher dashing through the snow
in his winter jacket.
I had to pull Sif out of retirement and Pete may have to wake Arien up. We certainly have to brush the snow off the sap sacks.

Sif and Spring Shoveling
Snowy Sap Sack


In the meantime, Gracie had enough of the snowflakes hitting her in the face and decided to quit and go home.
"I've had enough of this."

"This is a better way to spend the day!"







No comments:

Post a Comment