Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chip Chip Hooray


It starts out with a pile of sticks and branches collected from the woods. The goal is to minimize the pile with Chip, the chipper.  Chip is my favorite piece of lawn equipment. Today I needed to make enough chips to cover the area between two raised-bed gardens. It took about an hour to collect the pile of sticks and I will probably need another pile of equal size.

A carpet of cardboard.

My colleagues at the Chamber of Commerce have been giving me all the empty cardboard boxes for a month now.  I use them to cover the grass between the raised beds - a weed barrier. The plan is to cover the cardboard with chips.

Pete starts up the chipper.
Maddie Jo watches




































In about an hour the pile was gone and the area was covered with an inch thick layer of chips.


Another inch, another day. Maddie toasts the progress with Pete.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment