Sunday, February 6, 2011

What Shall We Eat?

Green and Gold Cheese Curds

Pete and I have decided to watch the Super Bowl at home.  We made our decision yesterday afternoon in Minocqua and headed to the nearest store to stock up.  A few must-haves were brats, beer and chips.

Ready to Stock Up

Famous Trig's Bratwurst
The Chip Man


Trig's famous brats are 2010 Grand Champion winners at the Wisconsin Association of Meat Processors Convention. It was a no-brainer, pick up some brats! We picked up beer and chips on sale and some soup bones for the dogs. There were a number of items that we passed up, including the green and gold cheese curds.

Huge Chocolate Chip Cookie



Green & Gold Bouquet
Hey, how did that get here?
We couldn't pass up the Packer ice cream!

This morning we realized that we forgot to get sauerkraut, so I headed over to Snow's Family Market in Mercer to pick some up. As a vegetarian, my heart sang when I reached the produce department. No, they still don't have any organic vegetables, but they had a whole section devoted to the Packers.

Super Bowl Salad?
Green & Gold section in Snow's produce dept.

I found Pete his sauerkraut, so he will battle with the jar and enjoy its contents with bratwurst.


If you know me, you probably already know what I will be eating during the Super Bowl. It is the perfect dish. It should be served at every and any occasion. I'm not sure why there has not been a Top Chef  competition focusing on this dish. Yes, I will be eating a bean burrito!


We had a great time preparing for the Game. I think everything is in place for a Packer win. It would be a great way to celebrate our first year living in Wisconsin. Help us out by going through your Packer preparedness checklist. Do you have enough brats and beer? Is your TV working and programmed for the game? Are you wearing a Packer shirt, hat or socks? Are your dogs and cats decorated? If you can safely answer yes to these four questions, then I don't see any reason why the Packers shouldn't win Super Bowl XLV.

"I'm decorated, now
when do we eat?"



No comments:

Post a Comment